Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Master Gardener~


In case you missed my review yesterday~
 this is my devotional I have picked for the summer. I absolutely love it! 


Today I plan to work in the garden getting the yard ready for Easter. As I am reading this morning's devotion I am reading about spring bulbs. The birds are singing and it is a beautiful morning here at Farming on Faith. 

In my devotion~ I am reading about those ugly little spring bulbs we place in the dirt in the Autumn. We cover them with dirt and they endure the long cold winter under that frozen ground. As Spring unveils herself those little ugly bulbs begin to peek through the dirt and before we know it our beautiful tulips, daffodils and crocus come blazing in all their glory. They make our world a better place. 

That is how we feel sometimes~ isn't it so? This year has been much like that in my life. It has been a long cold hard winter in more ways than one. Yet ~ when we just yield to the Master Gardener ~He knows best and we will come forth shining as gold. It is the yielding to His plan that is the hard part. Surviving without getting bitter and angry when the harshness and coldness come to creep into our very souls. 

I am so thankful on this beautiful Spring Tuesday that God does tend to us well~ he nourishes us~ sends us help in the time of trouble. He gives us rest and restoration. He gives us mercy and grace when we struggle at our feeble attempts to yield. He gives us our joy when we feel lifeless. He gives us hope in His promises. Now that is reason enough to celebrate on this beautiful Spring morning. 

Philippians 3:20-21

20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.


4 comments:

Down On The Farm said...

What a beautiful post. Yes, sometimes the winter season in our lives can be very long and cold and dark. But thank God He never fails to remind us that these trials on earth are temporary. He never fails! Blessings to you my sweet friend! Yes, it is a beautiful day. Wish I was there to work in the yard with you :)!!!

Sandi said...

Lovely!

Barbara said...

Amen Carrie, the tulips are gorgeous, love your devotion too, have a very blessed resurrection Sunday...

The tomb is empty, he is not here, he has risen as he said!!!

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Carrie, I am also very grateful for the bulbs that come up after those long winter seasons!
I hope you are feeling better!
Have a Blessed Easter!
Sending a prayer your way!
Hugs, Roxy

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details