Friday, April 17, 2015

Have You Been Thrown From Your Boat Of Life?



This morning I sent a message to a friend who is in the middle of a gigantic storm. My word ~ we sometimes are just living life and fighting the good fight and out of nowhere we are thrown from the boat of life and feel like we are drowning. We have all been there a time or two and as long as we continue on this sea of life it will be that way.

King David ~ whom God calls the apple of His eye~ knew a little about this. He was God's special child ~ a King~ a warrior and still he was thrown from his boat of life.  We remember when he royally messed us with the bathing beauty ( still makes me mad at him) but there was a time when the storm  hit and it wasn't his fault. It was when King Saul backed by his army was on the hunt for him. He wanted him dead. In the verses below are King David's words as he cried out to God while hiding in that cave.

Are you in the midst of a storm? Are the seas around you rolling out of control? Do you feel like you are drowning? If so read King David's words. He knew where to seek shelter from those that wanted to harm him.

Psalms

57 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.
I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.
He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth.
My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword.
Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth.
They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down: they have digged a pit before me, into the midst whereof they are fallen themselves. Selah.
My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.
Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.
I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations.
10 For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds.
11 Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth.

There will be times in life when the troubles and trials come. But God can and will take the evil that others meant for harm and turn it for good. We only have to allow Him to keep working in the midst of the storm. I am so thankful to our God ~ He never wastes pain. He has a plan and a purpose to give us a future and a hope. Now that is reason enough to celebrate on this fabulous Friday. 

4 comments:

Camille said...

How precious it is to know that HE is in all the storms of life and that HE is faithful and will never leave us nor forsake us!! May the Lord give you much grace and wisdom as you minister to your friend. Hugs to you! Camille

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm so glad that He is in every storm we've gone through. I can't imagine life without Him there. Hugs

Down On The Farm said...

Amen!!!! I too am thankful that no matter what, my God reigns!!! Blessings Carrie! Praying for you and yours!!

Cindy Rasley said...

Thank you for this perfect message from God! Praise him! I needed this true reminder this very moment ! I am filled with his peace! Thank you ,Cindy

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details