Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I Come To The Garden Alone~




It is a cool and rainy morning~ the sky is still dark. I put on my rubber boots and trudge through  the cold wet grass to clip a few of my lilac branches. The  world is still asleep but the birds have started their day~ such sweet music. My coffee is still hot swirling with a little caramel vanilla ~ all is right for this moment. The day is coming. 

I love to come to my garden alone. This time of year I peek at every little nook and cranny searching for a new little green sprig that has peeked through the ground overnight. 

When I come to my garden alone I always sing the sweet song ~ never fails.  It just draws my heart closer to my God.

I come to the garden alone while the dew is still on the roses and the voice I hear falling on my ear the Son of God discloses. And He walks with me and He talks with me and He tells me I am His own. And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known. 

Something about being in my garden brings comfort to my soul and rest to my weariness. It just fills me with His presence. 

There are just times in life when we feel alone. Even in our church, we can at times feel alone. In our marriage, we can feel alone. In an empty nest, we can feel alone. In the midst of noise, we can still feel alone. Sometimes we all feel alone.

  Yet~ every time I come to the garden alone~ I never leave feeling alone. I am so thankful for a Saviour who walks and talks with me and tells me I am His own. I am so thankful that when I am feeling alone He is always there. He always has time for me.  He speaks to me. His voice is so sweet that even the birds hush their singing. I am so thankful that He gives me a melody within my heart that never stops ringing.  He trades my loneliness for feeling loved. I am so thankful that He loves me and that He calls me His own. 



 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: 

thou hast holden me by my right hand.

Psalm 73:23







1 comment:

Down On The Farm said...

My favorite hymn. And He walks with me, and He talks with me and He tells me I am His own. And the joy we share, as we tarry there, none other has ever know. Tears to my eyes sweet friend. No, we are never alone when we belong to Him. I am so thankful . . . Love you Carrie!!!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details