Thursday, April 9, 2015

I Should Have Waited




This morning I am reading my Devotions From The Garden~ and it is talking about waiting on God's timing. Oh~ I have such a hard time with that!

Sometimes I just get ahead of myself. Well, actually that is a huge character flaw I have. I plan the days ahead. I just have to be ahead of the schedule. It serves me well most the time because I get very anxious if I wait until the last moment.

Sometimes it causes me trouble though~ as a Gardener anyway. I am so eager to get those empty flower pots filled. I hate seeing an empty flower pot. In the winter I fill them with greenery and branches. It is March that gets me every time . As soon as I see the first pansy or viola at the local fix-it-yourself store I can't help myself. It is always a bright sunny day when I go purchase my spring flowers. I get them planted and watered and they start to take off.  I so enjoy seeing the first hint of the beauty of what's to come in my yard. It just puts a smile on my face and spring in my step.

BUT ~ then the sun goes inside and the temperatures drop. Every year~ I know it as sure as rain. I have to cover my little spring flowers and bring in the pots. Just last week we went down to 27 degrees~ another hard freeze hits. I had to bring them all inside ~ including my porch ferns I just had to have for Easter company. I make a note to self ~ I should have waited. Grandma Baker's words come back to memory~ "Wait until after Mother's Day to plant." But I just can't. No matter how hard I try.  Even when I vow to wait next year ~ and I keep that promise to myself until the next spring.

God sometimes wants me to wait on Him as I am reading in my devotion today. I need to learn to just wait on God and not rush ahead of Him.  Even the best-made plans are better when we just wait on God and His perfect timing.

Lamentations 3:25-26King James Version (KJV)

25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.

4 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Carrie, You made me laugh!
You really should wait till after Mothers Day (smile)
I have some pansies I will plant this weekend and hope for no more hard freezes, but we need rain really bad!
Hugs, Roxy

Scrappy quilter said...

Isn't that the truth. We always seem to want to go ahead of Him rather than wait on Him. Wonderful post.

susan zarzycki said...

Just found your blog, subscribed and am enjoying my visits. I have a hard time waiting every Spring before buying also. As I get older I am acquiring more patience on trusting God's timing. It hasn't been easy but reaping the benefits have been sweet.

Down On The Farm said...

We are so much alike. I, too, sometimes get ahead of myself, and ahead of God. I am learning (slowly but surely) to wait upon the Lord. He has never failed me and I know that He never will. Have a wonderful, wonderful day!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details