Monday, April 6, 2015

My Poor Flower Beds~




My poor flower beds~ they have been neglected. Last Fall I had surgery and was unable to put my flower beds to rest for the Winter. I remember feeling so poorly I promised I would pay extra attention to them in the Spring. 

Spring has come and my flower beds are a mess. I have been cutting off dead growth that should have been cut off after the harvest when the vines were pliable and the dirt still moist. It takes a little more work to get them shaped up. It would have been much easier last Autumn.  

This morning in my Devotions From The Garden I am reading about this very same issue that I am experiencing first hand. Not only in my flower bed but in my life too. It has been a long~ rough winter but God is still good.  God is the Master Gardener.  He can take our hearts and make them soft and pliable again.

I was listening to a Bible teacher on the radio yesterday and she said you know if there is still a problem in your heart if you get defensive about it. God begin to soften my heart about an issue that came immediately to my mind where someone had really broken my heart.  God did a little gardening in my soul on the way to church yesterday as I surrendered to His pulling the hurt and bitterness out like overgrown weeds.

Life is so much sweeter when we just allow the Master Gardener to make us soft and pliable. 


Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalm 51:1



1 comment:

Scrappy quilter said...

Carrie, that is one of my favorite scriptures prayed many times over the years I've been saved. Love this post!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details