Friday, May 1, 2015

Happy Merry Month of May~




This morning as I finished walking the sun was just peeking up over the eastern sky. It welcomed in the merry month of May. I just love May. There are so many reasons to celebrate this month. 

Today ~I will finish up planting my garden. The green beans are the last thing to get planted.  I waited until the temperatures were just right. I will plant them in the soil and water the tiny seeds. As soon as the water hits those seeds they will begin to soften and break open and soon sprout through the ground. It is best to plant beans in two week intervals because beans do not wait for anyone. When they are ready to be picked ~ they are ready. I almost can taste green beans and new potatoes as we speak. My garden takes attention. It will have to be watered and nurtured~but in the end it will be worth it.

That is just how our lives grow too. In God's perfect timing He brings new challenges into our lives so we will soften, break and begin to grow. In all things~ He longs for us to yield to His will and draw closer to Him. I remember when I was a young wife and mother and circumstances had the ability to paralyze me~ not so much any more. When we learn to climb up in the lap of our Heavenly Father we have peace that passes all understanding.  After time ~we learn that walking with Jesus brings us joy in our journey even in the midst of trials and troubles. No longer do broken dreams, losses, or  even addictions have the ability to plunge us into despair. 

Today~ on this first day of May we can rest in knowing that God's timing is always perfect and that He will take the struggles in life and use them to grow our faith. How about just climbing up in Father God's lap today and just rest in knowing His plan is perfect just for you.

 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, 

so are my ways higher than your ways,

 and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Isaiah 55:9

3 comments:

Down On The Farm said...

Words of wisdom my friend. Jesus loves us so very much. And He longs for us to turn every aspect of our lives over to Him. And then He sends peace. We have plowed our garden, but nothing planted yet. We're kinda busy lol! Have a blessed, blessed day!!!

Amy said...

Great post!

You were selected to win the devotional on my blog. I sent you an email. If you don't get the email, leave me a comment back on my blog.

Congrats.

Scrappy quilter said...

Great words. I needed this today. To read about His perfect timing. I need to remember that.

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details