Monday, May 18, 2015

Remembering To Keep It Humble

 


We celebrated a wonderful  accomplishment this weekend. After 25 years of night classes, my Brian earned his Doctorate of Education from the University of Missouri. He not only went to school all these years but he raised a beautiful family and did it all very well. I am so very proud of him and our family as we celebrate this achievement. He has worked so very hard. I married a school janitor and today I can introduce to you~ Dr. Shindorf.

This morning I am reading my devotion out of Devotions From The Garden. The author (Merriam) writes this morning about the humble little worm. The little  worm is ever working beneath the soil pushing the soil with her head all the while producing air and moisture to circulate through the soil. She is a great help to all gardeners. We benefit from her hard work yet never notice her. She even gives the soil great benefits from her castings~ if you know what I mean.  Worms work day after day unnoticed. 

Think about the people in your life today~ your parents, your neighbors, teachers, administrators…….. oh my~ none work as hard as dear ol' mothers. The people behind the scenes of your life that never seek the spotlight but work humbly behind the scenes deserve a Thank You.

I want to stay humble. The Bible says God gives grace to the humble. I need all the grace I can get~ how about you? 


James 4:6

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Today would be a great day to offer a simple Thank You for those humble servants in our lives that make our lives rich.  


Proverbs 16:19

19 Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Have a happy and blessed Monday~ remembering to keep it humble. 


7 comments:

Sandi said...

"...I married a school janitor and today I can introduce to you~ Dr. Shindorf."


:-)

Congrats.



Sandi said...

"Proverbs 16:19-Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud."

Love this!

Patty said...

Congratulations! Many blessings to you and your family.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful accomplishment!

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Carrie, What a wonderful accomplishment for him! So happy to hear of this. And the devotion on the worm brought a smile to my face! What a good way of looking at all those that work un-noticed in our lives!
Hugs, Roxy
You look so cute...

Down On The Farm said...

So proud of Brian!!! What an accomplishment!!

Sun Valley Homestead said...

Congratulations to Brian. And from reading your blog all these years, I can suffice to say that you guys are a very humble people...giving God the glory for your lives and a life (so far) well lived. May God continue to pour out his blessing upon you as you humbly serve Him:-)

Hugs,
Connie

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details