Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Gather Around The Amish Table~ Amazing Cookbook!



Wow ~ oh wow! I love how the Amish make something wonderful with simple ingredients you can find in your pantry. This cookbook shares many tried and true recipes from seasoned Amish and Mennonite cooks. Along with amazing recipes ~it also features Amish stories and beautiful pictures from the plain communities.  It just oozes with comfort food and peaceful scenes from Amish country.  It contains all the recipes we love from cinnamon rolls to whoopee pies to cooking for a barn raising. I love that it includes many helpful tips from Lucy's own kitchen . 

There is just so much about this book that I love. I am so excited to try all these recipes one by one. I was provided this book in exchange for my honest review. I rate this cookbook 5 plus stars. 

About the book~
Gather Around the Amish Table(MennoMedia, September 2015)
Straight from Amish kitchens to yours, this cookbook offers favorite family recipes and charming stories from Amish and Mennonite cooks. 
Bake the pecan rolls that taste best after an ice-skating party, or try the hoagies that a community sold to help an Amish family with hospital bills. Discover the cocoa cupcakes with instructions to “stir by hand” that one young cook took literally, or whip up the whoopie pies that one Amish woman took to market in her horse and buggy.
These cherished recipes speak of comforting traditions, lively communities, and strong Christian faith. Gather your family around the table to sample the nourishing fare and trademark charm of the plain people. In the words of one cookbook contributor: “Bake someone happy!”

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Carrie great to catch up with you I am blogging again if you want to follow along. Gosh if I wasn't allergic to dairy and gluten I would be all over the Amish food the pie on the front cover looks yummy! I can't remember the last time I had pie!! ~Heather :)

Down On The Farm said...

I think I should drive up to your house and enjoy a nice Amish dinner that you cooked for me using recipes from this Amish cookbook :0! Then we could relax over a cup of tea and talk all night long! Blessings my friend!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details