Saturday, January 9, 2016

Do You Ever Feel Like Taking A Slow Boat To China?




We Mommas have days we want to run away when life gets rough. I remember many days that I wanted to pack a bag and take a little vacation.  Now what I wouldn't give to have them all little for just one more day.

 Some days we just feel like we are not "good enough." Sometimes it is our own "stinking thinking." Yet at times~ it may be the rejection of others. I hate rejection~ it just doesn't look good on me at all. 

Just lately I had a huge dose of it thrown my way~ it hurts and it leaves one feeling that you are not "good enough."

My first thought was I wanted to just run away and take a slow boat to China.  But~I am sure My Brian would come looking for me at supper time.

There is someone in the Bible who did run away when she felt she was not good enough. Let's face it ~ we all feel that way sometimes.

God had promised Sarah and Abraham a child but she grew tired of waiting on God and decided to take matters into her own hands. She told her husband to go marry and conceive a child with her maidservant so Sarah could have a child. What in God's green earth was this woman thinking? She had to be one abscessed woman to go to these lengths. I say she was plumb out of her cotton picking mind! So like any man who wanted to make his wife happy~ yeah right! That is exactly what Abraham did~ give me a break here~ but does this not make your blood boil?

Only there was a little problem. As Hagar's belly began to fill out~ Sarah  became jealous and bitter. You think?  So she told Abraham to get rid of her. This story is in Genesis 16 if you wish to read it. 

Poor Hagar~ a servant who was used ~ abused and abandoned had no choice in the matter. Sarah was cruel to her, mistreated her with cutting remarks and angry words. Hagar could take it no more so she ran away. 

Genesis 16:8

King James Version (KJV)
And he said, Hagar, Sarai's maid, whence camest thou? and whither wilt thou go? And she said, I flee from the face of my mistress Sarai.

God knew where Hagar was but just as he asked Adam and Eve and just as he asks each one of us ~ He asks, "Where are you?"  She replies by telling the Lord she is running away. She was not good enough~ after all she had no say in anything and Sarah just wanted to cast her away. Ouch~ Mother Sarah~ not nice at all!


You see the name El Roi is the name for God that means ~ the God that sees. God saw Hagar in the wilderness and He loved her. He heard her affliction~ He took care of her. 


Hagar was running away from her mistress~ not good enough. But to the God who sees her she was good enough. Just as I am sure that Hagar was surprised that God seen her I am amazed that the God of the universe sees me. He knows everything that is going on in my life and He cares. He loves you too and you are good enough. He sees all that you are walking through today. There is not a thing in your life that God can not fix~ we can trust Him today. 



Psalm 139:17-18


 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! 
how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, 
they are more in number than the sand: 
when I awake, I am still with thee.



3 comments:

Amy said...

Amen and amen sister! I believe we all feel like this at times. I know I sure do. So thankful we serve the God who "sees"!! Praise Him!!

Down On The Farm said...

I know the feeling. I've wanted to run away more times than I cared to admit. But as we all know that doesn't fix anything. I remind you of this . . . . YOU ARE FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE BY THE SAME GOD WHO SPOKE THE UNIVERSE INTO EXISTENCE. And you are MORE than enough. Our identity isn't found in our friends, or even in our family. Our identity is found in being a child of God. And you ARE HIS CHILD. Spend today thanking Him and praising Him for that awesome gift of grace and mercy. Praying for you and your family, today and every day. Sending hugs. . .

Notthatkindoffarmer said...

Great article!!
I am delighted to read this article!
Thanks for sharing.

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details