Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I Can Do Hard Things



I woke up this morning and my first thought was ~ Oh yeah, we are still facing that giant. It is an ugly giant.  If you have lived very long I know you know what I am talking about. When something is threatening to rob you of normalcy..... rob you of your foundation..... maybe even steal some of your faith. Those times when you wake up in the middle of the night and worry makes hot rocks churn in your soul~ and you are frozen almost paralyzed in place. What do you do when it's not just a worry but reality? Life is about to take a major turn and you are  uncertain where it is you are going to land you.

Moving forward is going to take more courage than I have. It is never easy to step out of our comfort in fear of taking a wrong move. So, I wait. I wait for a sign from God ~ a signal to tell me it is ok to jump out in faith to the unknown. I wait for my Heavenly Father to say it's ok to proceed. I know it is going to take  courage and I fear I don't have what it takes. So, I wait. I wait for God to open the next door that we are to take. 
  
I hate this place. I really do. I have been here before. In fact,  I started my life in fear as a child of an addict father. My early years were formed in fear. I was raised in fear. BUT~ God has brought me out of that fear. We have come a long way. God has picked me up and set my feet on a solid rock. SO why~ do I have to be here again? 

God sent His Son so that we may walk in liberty instead of fear. SO, I cling to my Father with my imperfect trust praying that He will give me the courage to face this fear once again that has momentarily come in the form of a giant. 

God has proven Himself to me in mighty ways as we have journeyed through these past 32 years together. He has taken my ashes and turned them into beauty. He has restored all that Satan robbed from me. He has given me faith over fear. He has held me all of my days~ my 18,163 days of my life.

So I am going to give God my imperfect courage and I know with God, I can do hard things. I can face this giant in courage and I know that MY GOD will fight my battle. I only need to cling to Him and watch to see how He decides to handle this matter. 

Isaiah 41:10


I am a Bible Gateway Grid Blogger. Click the link above for scripture reference. 




7 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Dear Carrie, I'm not sure exactly what monster you are facing, but fear can sure get ahold on us-like last year when my doctor kept telling me she was sure my Ovarian tumor was cancer. At that point I was rattled, to put it mildly! I made a point to daily listen to powerful worship music and sing it through the the day. One song was There Is a healing in the Name of Jesus. Another song was It Is Well by Bethel Music-it is a powerful song.
Sending you love and prayers for His peace and grace.
Noreen

Betsy said...

Praying. I have no idea of the giant you are facing, but I have faced my fair share. I will continue in prayer for you.
Blessings,
Betsy

Patty said...

Saying a prayer for you.

Down On The Farm said...

I've been praying, and I know that God is faithful. He is in control, even when it looks like the situation is completely out of control. I'm asking for wisdom and discernment for you and I'm praying PEACE over you. Listen to worship music and let the Holy Spirit flood your soul with joy. That joy will be your strength. On our own we are nothing. With Him, well, the same power that conquered the grave lives in us. You just remind the devil of that the next time fear tries to overtake you. You remind fear that His Joy is our strength. You remind fear that fear has no power over you. You are a child of the King!! Hugs my friend.

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

You will be in my prayers my sweet friend. All I know is that we go through nothing alone when we have given our lives to Christ. I am by nature a worrier and often worry and feel overwhelmed about the future and how I am going to cope before it has even happened. I've seen my own mother allow fear and anxiety to paralyze her and it has stopped her from enjoying life. My sister has told me mum is scared of dying even though she is a believer and knows Heaven awaits her. I've just started reading 'The Fearless Life' Live worry - free no matter what happens by Jentzen Franklin. I like the second part of that - no matter what happens. I'm yet to read the chapters on finances, family and health but I know he is going to have some very sound Biblical advice.
On another note Ashley just messaged me today. Boston has to do a project on a country and guess which country he was given! I am going to send him a lovely little parcel packed with resources so he can wow his teachers and classmates.

Camille said...

Praying for you today my friend. Cling to the ONE Who is with you each step of the way. Isaiah 43:1-3 are precious verses that I revisit in the difficult seasons of life. XO

Farming On Faith said...

Thank you all for your sweet words of encouragement. I covet your prayers. When we get on the other side I will share just how God carried us through. You are a blessing to me.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details