Wednesday, January 20, 2016

I Miss My Time With You




 Ecclesiastes 3:1
To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven:

When I get too busy to spend my time with God ~ I miss it!  Some days it is just hard to discipline me to make it happen. I am making it my goal to put my devotion and prayer time as a priority each day. It is a constant battle with the father of lies and the stillness of time.  

Distractions are my biggest obstacle. It really is not easy to eliminate all the distractions. The dust bunnies call my name each morning. I tend to be a "clean freak." It is my biggest problem. There is always work that needs to be done. My perfectionist self is working on balancing this to make room for my quiet time.

 After 24 years of homeschooling and teaching for the Homeschool Group, I took a part-time job as a Pharmacy Technician. I am loving it . I enjoy getting to meet and talk with people all day and feel a sense of helping others. Now~ I seem too busy. Crazy me! 

 I have more energy and perspective to stay on top of this hectic life when I put God first. Even the bad days are sweeter when we walk with Jesus.  He just makes it all better. 
I realized early in life no one else can do this for me.  I have to make this happen. Nothing good happens by accident.

Don't pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it.  A  Man is powerful on his knees. ~ Corrie ten Boom

Life is hard and we need to be powerful on our knees.


2 comments:

Betsy said...

If I'm honest I would say the same things happens with me. I sit down fully intending to read my Bible and pray and my attention is caught by the dog hair on the stairs. Or I realize I forgot to start the dishwasher. I'm trying to overcome that. Thank you for Reminding me that I'm not alone in this struggle.
Blessings,
Betsy

Down On The Farm said...

We are the same my friend. My intentions are PERFECT, my actions, well, sometimes they are lacking. And it is mostly because of BUSINESS. I need to re-prioritize and ALWAYS make time for my Savior. The dust bunnies can wait hahaha!!! Blessings to you my friend!!!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details