Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Just Be Yourself ~Everyone Else Is Taken




 I feel inadequate much of the time. I sometimes get mad at my husband~ only a time or two. As much as I would like to deny it, there were times I yelled at my children~ more than a time or two.I sometimes don't want to cook supper and I hate being put in situations that I can't control. (I am a recovering control freak.) My temper sometimes gets the best of me and I say things I should not say.  I am addicted to chocolate and Diet Coke. I am working on all of these things. 

 I look at Beth Moore and wish I had her wisdom to reach the hearts of so many. I look at Patsy Clairmont and wish I had an ounce of her humor. I am not that funny though I wish I were. Closer to home I look at my sister~Angie and admire her ability to stay calm, cool and collected even in extreme chaos and stays sweet.  I admired my Grandma Baker to lose an arm to cancer but she could still whip the world into shape. I admire my mother's ability to raise three kids on a pauper's purse. I look at my friend Pam and admire her ability to bring such compassion and comfort to everyone around her.

But then it is just ME that I wake up to each day in the mirror.  When I feel these feelings of inadequacy threaten to overwhelm me I cling to the Scriptures.


 I am reminded of Moses who had a speech impediment. David was was only a shepherd boy~ who grew up to commit adultery and murder. And remember Sarah~ talk about doing or saying things you shouldn't~ she laughed at God's messenger. I bet she never lived that one down from her peers. Then there was foolish Rebekah who encouraged her son to be deceitful to his own father~  reaping and sowing cost her big time. There is no denying that in spite of their human frailties~ God used them all!

This morning I am reminding myself that God made us who we are. He has a plan for our lives and He loves us just the way we are but He loves us too much to leave us that way. Although He will continue to mold us and make us ~ we are just who He created us to be. 

Just be yourself ~ God can use you. All He requires is a willing ~  committed heart.  

Scripture source found at Bible Gateway~ a great online Bible resource. 
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians+1%3A6&version=KJV



3 comments:

Patty said...

Someone told me recently to go home and love my husband and children because if mama ain't happy nobody is happy. Let's be who God made us and love those He gave us! Have a great day.

Down On The Farm said...

Oh sister I hear ya. I am the same. Most of the time I focus more on my weaknesses than my strengths. Thanks for reminding me that God made me just the way I am. And yes, He wants me to be the best me that I can be. But I think He knows my weaknesses because He created them. If I was perfect, then I wouldn't realize how much I need Him. We are so quick to look at others and only see the "good" them. I'm pretty sure even the most perfect person I know has a bad side too. Blessings to you my sweet friend! Thanks for sharing your heart. I am so glad "Farming On Faith" is back :0!

Betsy said...

Ahh, I needed this today. I'm feeling woefully inadequate and not nearly as brilliant as others I know. But God made me who I am. And that is good enough for Him so it should be for me too. Thank you for this,
Blessings,
Betsy

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details