Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Love Your Enemies~ (Oh, My Stars ~This Is Hard)




I am claiming a song for this year ~ Just Be Held from Casting Crowns. 
 Below is part of the lyrics from the song.  

So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held

Your worlds not falling apart, its falling into place

I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held....... Casting Crowns 




In the verse above~ people were in the middle of rough times. It tells us in earlier verses that David was encouraging us to not fret because of evil-doers. I encourage you to read the entire Psalm 37. 

Who are evil-doers? Those that are trying to do evil against us ~who are trying to destroy us~ our enemies. If you are trying to walk with God and serve God and doing His will ~ there are going to be evil-doers who want to curse you . 

Yet ~this verse tells us to trust God and do good. We can't just trust God and withdrawal into our own little cocoon because we are being attacked from our enemy. We must trust God and do good. Do all the good we possibly can for all the people we can~ even our enemies.  And then we are to just stand.
Why?  So we shall dwell in the land and be fed. I want to dwell in the land in peace and be fed all that God has for me. How about you?

Oh my stars~ this is hard for me. It is easy to love those that are lovable but God asks us to love those that are our enemies and curse us. This is the mark of a true Christian. 

I am working hard at this but I have a long way to go~

Matthew 5:4 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

https://www.biblegateway.com

2 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

No true. I've had two years of that. God spoke to me and said, "Be still. I will fight for you." It was so hard to do, but I watched him do it. I also learned that Satan is our real enemy, not flesh and blood. So, really I fight in prayer and God is faithful to do the rest. Thanks for this awesome post. I don't think we've met. Hello, my name is Bonnie from Vintage Girl 901 or White Lace and Promies. You may find me under either name depending on when my photo was made.

Betsy said...

Wonderful and true words. I like that song from Casting Crowns. So many of their lyrics speak to me. I seem to live in perpetual prayer with so much in turmoil and upheaval.
Blessings,
Betsy

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details