Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Dawning Of A New Year~



 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: 

for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

Psalm 37:24


Sometimes we feel as though God is not listening. When I was a little girl living with an alcoholic father I would spend many nights praying for God to save us. I would pray that he would not come home after being out drinking. The bottle made my dad a very violent man. If I heard his loud muscle car coming home I knew it would mean trouble. I really thought at the time there would be no way out of the mess. But I prayed and prayed and God heard my prayers. It is the very thing that started my wonderful walk with Jesus.

Fast forward ~ God did bring me and my siblings and mother out of that mess. My dad did make peace with himself and us but He chose to stay addicted to the bottle. We all chose to get out of the mess and follow Jesus.

My son has the same love for those muscle cars and I am reminded each time I hear him leave and return home how far God has brought us. My life is full of happiness and peace.  I am so blessed with a Godly man and kids who love God. Addictions have never once caused my children to fear for anything. They never had a sleepless night and always felt safe. Praise God for that! 

When we get worried or fearful of our circumstances~ We only need to remember all the times God brought us through. Recall~ the times He carried us through the storm and He comforted us in the worst of our days. He will never leave us or forsake us. He will see us through to the other side. 

The dawning of a New Year reminds me to keep trusting because God has never failed me yet! 

2 comments:

Fashion said...

Beautiful work, as always.

Down On The Farm said...

Amen!! God is faithful to answer our prayers. Not always in the way we want, or in the time frame we want, but He never fails. I am so thankful that I belong to Him.

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details