Saturday, January 23, 2016

There's A Demon Knocking At My Door



There is an enemy at my door. It is coming in the form of flesh and blood but I am too wise and know that I don't wrestle against flesh and blood.

 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:16

This enemy is trying to kill and destroy. It has come this week and has frozen us in place ~ trying to keep us bound in fear. Trying to destroy who we are, what we are and what we stand for, trying to discredit us. Trying to change our very being. We are just being added to a string of others who have walked before us. Any time you try to stand for God and do right the enemy~ the father of lies will try his best to knock you out of the race as a believer.

 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:1 Peter 5:8

So what do you do when the enemy knocks at your door?   This woman of faith with not take this lying down. I will enter my "war room." I will spend my every waking moment in that place where battles are fought in the HEAVENLIES.  I have been here before and watched God fight battles. I will fight this battle on my knees. I will pray and fast. I will fight with my sword~God's Word. I refuse to get shaken. I refuse to let that demon come inside. I refuse to be prey to the attacks of evil. I will pick up my shield of faith. 

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. Ephesians 6:16
 NO matter how tempted I am to fight in my humanness~ in retaliation and destruction. I will not be tempted to fight this in my own strength. I will not get bitter with an unforgiving spirit. I will pray for my enemies and I will bless those that curse me.

 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew5:44
  I will let God fight my battles. This battle is not mine but the Lord's. I am nothing on my own. But to God, I am His child. I call Him Father. And My Heavenly Father is watching~ He sees and He knows.  I serve the same God as Jeremiah served. 

 But the Lord is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten. Jeremiah 20:11

 So give us a minute or two~ we are picking ourselves up. Then we will carry on walking humbly with our God. We will continue to live out our faith ~ over fear.  

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?Micah 6:8

 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good.. Genesis 50:20

I am a Bible Gateway Grid Blogger and I use Bible Gateway for all my Scripture needs online. Please check them out here. They are a great source to study the Bible.

3 comments:

Camille said...

It is such an encouraging thing to fill our hearts and minds with Scripture...especially when the battle is fierce. I am sorry you find yourselves in the middle of an intense struggle right now...praying for you this morning! Keep your hearts and minds fixed on Truth...HE is faithful!! Hugs to you! Camille

sweetvintageofmine said...

amen!!! A timely word~~~prayers and blessings...Roxie

Down On The Farm said...

Isaiah 54:17 promises this: No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord. Stand upon each and every promise in the Word. Let the Lord fight for you. We cannot grow weary in doing good, even when we are surrounded by the bad. It is hard, but with the power of the Holy Spirit in us we can overcome. Not on our own, but with His strength. I too am praying!!!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details