Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I'm No Longer A Slave To Fear~


I once heard that being afraid is really not all about the situation at hand but the fact that you think you believe you can't handle it. Whatever the reason fear paralyzes us.  I don't really know but there are circumstances that are out of our control. It is natural to fear when things happen to threaten our security or well-being. There are those times when we are just not sure of the outcome. 

What do we do when we have done all we can and now we can only stand on God's promises?  Promises that He will turn the bad that others meant for harm to the good of His child.  When you have begged God to intervene and change the situation~ what do you do next? When you have begged Him for a miracle in the form of deliverance ~  now you just stand.

The children of Isreal found themselves in a horrible mess. (Exodus14) They had left the bondages of slavery from the Egyptians only to be chased by them after Pharaoh decided he wanted them back. They come to the Red Sea with Pharaoh's armies closing in on them only to come to a huge road block~ the  Red Sea. The Word of God tells us God opened the Red Sea and allowed the children to cross over to the other side. 

We have found ourselves at a road block. It feels as big as the Red Sea. I just want it to be over and I want to cross over to the other side. But for some reason~ God is allowing us to stand at the edge of the sea and wait. It is not a pleasant place to be. Just like the children of Isreal ~ I am fearful when the enemy is nipping at our heels. Our giant also has a hardened heart ~ a selfish heart ~ a heart that consumed with evil. I am praying God pierces that heart in one way or another. 

Here is the promise God gave to His children when the enemy wanted to crush them. 

Exodus 14:14 The Lord shall fight for you and ye shall hold your peace. 

I was listening to a song yesterday and it just goes along with my thoughts this morning. 
 I am no longer a slave to fear. I am a child of God.



3 comments:

Down On The Farm said...

Oh how I love that song. Fear is not of God. And yet fear is an emotion I struggle with. Fear reflects a lack of faith in God. A lack of trust that He is in control. And yet we know that He works all things together for the good of those love Him and are called according to His purpose. I am praying for you my friend. That giant in your life has no power, no authority over you. He can roar and he can stomp, but you are covered by the blood of Jesus. That giant is a liar. Thank God that we are MORE than conquerors in Jesus. Just keep on praying and keep on praising. Those Hebrews had no idea how they were gonna get to the other side of the Red Sea. I'm sure God parting the waters never entered their mind. So you stand back and see how the Lord slays this giant in your life. I'm guessing it will be in a way you never dreamed . . . and it will be AWESOME!!!! I'm praying with you Carrie!!!!! Hang in there girl! What a testimony you are going to have :)!

NanaNor's said...

I have often been paralyzed by fear, but we have One who can set us free. Thinking of you today Carrie and lifting you up. May our Father make the way clear for you and give you peace.
Love, Noreen

living from glory to glory said...

Dearest Carrie, I understand that these days have been tough for so many! I know that you trust and fear as you can really mess us up. But God will make a way for you and your loved ones! I appreciate you and the sharing of your faith and journey!
Hugs, Roxy

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details