Friday, June 3, 2016

I Am Struggling



Sometimes I get so frustrated with myself. I packed up and left my family and friends behind. I moved into the most beautiful home. If I would have designed a home for our needs right now in life ~ it would be this home. Why can't I shake this sadness? It is only three hours away from home. For Pete's sake~ missionaries move to the other side of the world to follow God's will. I miss my people and my favorite places. 

When I search God's Word this morning I am reminded of King Asa. When he led the people to obey God, he was blessed. But when he got full of himself  and did it his own way, his reign was then marked with war and illness. Sometimes it is easy to look at this story and jump to conclusions. Is this the way God always works? The prophet Hanai told King Asa that God would strengthen the hearts of those who truly followed him and committed to obeying Him. 

2 Chronicles 16:9

 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.


I need my heart strengthened today. Why? Because sometimes doing the will of God requires a big dose of courage and persevering . I hear the words to Toby Mac's song~ Keep Walking~ playing in my head. We have to keep walking with Jesus even when it seems like chaos. 

The will of God may not always be easy. Poor Job lost it all. Why? Because he was blameless and upright. Jeremiah was beaten and put in shackles. His crime~ telling God's rebellious children the truth. Joseph was falsely accused of attempting to rape the ruler's wife and then thrown in prison for years so that he could do God's will. His crime was being a man above reproach. 


Making the right decision at times comes with a cost. I am keeping it real today. I am struggling but God is still on the throne. His ways are not my ways. In due time, He will reveal His agenda to me. For now, I will keep on walking and say thy will be done.






3 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Good Morning Sweet Sister in Christ!
I haven't been reading blog posts lately, like you, God has placed me in a different season of my life and very quickly.
We went from raising 3 grandchildren for the past 15 years to no grandchildren. From living on an acre with fruit tree's, garden and a 1900 SF home to a 5th wheel on someone's private property.
From an amazing church to a church that I believe is more amazing just down the road a piece.
God is so good, praying you will have peace!

Farming On Faith said...

Quiltingranny~
Thank you for your sweet words today. They were a blessing to me!

Quiltingranny said...

Thank you for lifting me up in prayer and stopping by my blog to let me know. The dark cloud has lifted and I am no longer feeling so heavily burdened.
Today, is our day to make dinner at our local soup kitchen and I am feeling blessed to do so.
You are on my War Room wall Carrie for prayers! I am hear if you need specific prayers!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details