Saturday, June 4, 2016

Just Empty~



Happy Saturday~ 
It is a cloudy and rainy day here. I wonder if it is ever going to stop raining. As I sit by my window I happen to notice my morning visitor. I am enjoying all the little critters in my yard.

 I have been watching this momma Blue Bird out my kitchen window all week building her nest in the birdhouse right outside my kitchen window. The Blue Bird is the Missouri state bird. Back home they were rare to see  but here they are plentiful. They are beautiful.

New birth is all around us. I love my new little yard ~ it is much like a Nature Center. We have all kinds of creatures stirring around. This time of year Missouri is clothed in all her beauty. 


50 in the Bible means Jubilee. This is the year of Jubilee in my life~ if you know what I mean. I just turned 50 and I am in a new city, new home, and a new church. Life has changed for us in every possible way . God has brought us here. I feel much like the children of Isreal standing on the edge of the Red Sea. As we prayed and fasted we begin to see God work in mighty ways. I just love it when that happens. We took a step and doors were closed and opened. Our home which we listed ourselves sold while we were out of town in only 2 weeks. Our neighbor allowed a sweet couple in to see it and they were the ones God sent. God sold our house. On that same trip, we accidently found our home~ no kidding. We watched as our God parted the seas in our lives. As we stepped the waters parted, the obstacles disappeared and peace and clarity led our path. 

We have landed and most boxes have been unpacked. It is quiet ~ too quiet. Our last baby moved out and stayed behind in my hometown. Wow ~ that has been hard. I miss my boy. This empty nest thing is highly over rated. I miss my kids. 


Empty~ that is how my year of Jubilee has started. For the first time in all my 50 years that I remember ~my datebook is empty. I don't like empty ~ not at all. It dawned on me that I don't remember feeling empty. I feel caught in between where I have been and where I desire to be. No place feels like home. I am weary and I need help to move beyond empty. I need God to show me so much right now. Where am I to serve? What church does God want us to join? I am frustrated. After all the parting of the waters, it is all so very still now. I need help to get back on track~ living life.  I want answers right now. 

Instead of going to God and begging for answers, needs, and desperation maybe I should be honest with myself and God. I need to go to my Heavenly Father just as I am ~ EMPTY.  Not praying for answers but with child-like trust and allow God to just fill my empty and weary soul. 

Life has a way of beating us down. We can go to God with hurts, bruises, cuts and broken hearts~ just plain empty.  When we go to the Father empty of this life it is then that He will fill us with new life, new grace, and new direction.

Hosea 6:1 (KJV)

 Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

Matthew 11:28K (KJV)

 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

7 comments:

Betsy said...

Happy Jubilee year to you Carrie. What a lovely home God has blessed you with in your new city. Moving is SO hard. 23 years ago on a prompting my husband received from God, he accepted a job offer 1600 miles from our home in Nebraska. We had both been born and raised there. Our families, our church where we had met in Sunday school when I was 15 years old we're all left behind. But, God knew exactly what He was doing. We love Washington State. Our children are spread far and wide all across the country and the world, but this is home to them. I still miss my "home" at times but I have learned to follow where God leads me. At least I think I have. I will continue to pray for you to find a church home and friends to lighten your life.
Blessings,
Betsy

Patty said...

I can understand some of what you feel. I am turning 51 next week. Our youngest moved out about 3 months ago. He does still live in the same town though. Still it is quite different. Our house is empty and quiet many days. I think some of what we are feeling is age related and finding our place in this new season of life (and liking it and being motivated in it). I must admit I sometimes go from peace to struggle in the same day. Still God is good and faithful and I know He will light the way in His time. Until then - maybe relaxation and contemplation of all He has brought us through in the past will encourage us to believe for the future. May our Lord light your way, give peace to your heart, and fill your emptiness. Many blessings!

Camille said...

I love the encouragement that Patty left you, Carrie. What beautiful and wise words. It is a blessing to know that the Lord has gone before you in such specific ways (selling your home and finding your current one)....and, He will be faithful to show you the next steps as well. What a precious thing it is to rest our hearts in Him! Praying for you that you will know the next step to take...one step at a time. XOXO

mari said...

Last year I turned 50 years old. It was supposed to be a jubilee year for me also, but Our Lord had other plans for me. I became severely ill with an unknown illness that no doctor I have gone too, can identify...it has been a year, and I could see the amount of learning I have gone through since I turned 50.

I pray that you will see this time as a new time to discover your new path. Our God knows what that is...just trust in HIM. mari

Anonymous said...

I just want to say I can so relate to some of your story. I have been following you for a while and I am glad you are back. My two boys are both in the ministry and they both have had our four grand babies in two years now. My church has been through so much but we have hung in there and stayed planted. Many of our friends left and our kids and grand children live in two different states. I was actively involved in everything in the church and now I find myself empty and sad most days. I have been married for almost 33 years and he is the love of my life but I do not like empty nest. I was a stay at home mom and miss those days so much. Many times my heart longs for those days. I just wonder how some women get through this empty nest. I know GOD is faithful. Thank you so much for your story and your blog. I really enjoy it.

Terry

Down On The Farm said...

I agree with what others are saying. God didn't bring you this far to leave you!!! He has a mighty plan and a good work for you to accomplish. And He will reveal it in His timing, and in His way. Until then, praise Him and trust Him. I know it's hard. Empty nest is overrated. We are both in the same place . . . . trying to figure out where we go from here. But God will speak, we must be still. Blessings my friend!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Prayers for you, sweet Friend! I understand where you are coming from.. on so many levels. Happy Jubilee Year.. things WILL get better <3 oh, and Warm Springs ranch is pretty close to you.. about an hour now I think. Blessings to you and yours! Loved the pics.. and yes you do have a nature preserve right there at your home :) -Tammy

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details