Wednesday, June 29, 2016

No Crying Over Spilled Milk~




In the early 1930's people started snatching up a new product called personal disposable tissue towels. Overnight life became easier. There was no more crying over spilled milk. It could be wiped up with just a swipe of the paper towel. 

My son-in-law asked me once why he was not warned about the Shindorf girls and their overuse of paper towels. My Hannah is just like her momma! We love our paper towels and Clorox Wipes. It just makes life easy! 

My addiction to my cleaning wipes, however,  won't take care of the messes in my heart. There is only one way to clean up the messes that the Clorox Wipes can't reach. 

Psalm 51:7

 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: 
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Hyssop was a ceremonial herb used for cleaning and purifying. Just as my kitchen needs a good wipe down just about daily so does this heart of mine. Before long it can get hardened and sticky. 

Sometimes we just need to give our spilled milk to Jesus. You know those things you wish you could do over~ Or those words you wish you could take back. That fit you threw or the temper that you let get the best of you. Just turn it over to Him~ confess it and move forward. Then there will be no need for crying over spilled milk. 

Isaiah 1:18

 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord:
 though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; 
though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.




8 comments:

Betsy said...

In our family it's our son-in-love that uses the paper towels like there's no tomorrow. Now our daughter does too. A roll will usually last me at least 2-3 weeks easily.
And you're oh so right about the sin in our lives.
Blessings,
Betsy

Cookie Therapy said...

Thank you for this wonderful reminder of the cleansing power of Jesus Christ. Too often we allow our minds to go back to our sin and think "Why did I do that?" when Christ has already cleansed us.
On another note....you know something is clean when you smell bleach. Love that smell. :o) Blessings to you and your family!!!

Patty Sumner said...

I could "over-use" paper towels too....I have to watch myself.... Love the scriptures...Yes, it is so true...Jesus cleans like nothing else can. Blessings!

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

I'm always amazed about how you can write about everyday things and turn them into a devotional for your readers Carrie! I love paper towels too and needed them this morning, not for spilled milk but spilled blood - my son had an altercation with a cordless drill when fixing something on his car and managed to sever a tendon in his finger. He came into the house and dripped blood everywhere through the kitchen - he's okay but is going to need surgery later today to repair his tendon. Very grateful to the Lord that it was nothing too serious, that he will recover and also for the paper towels! My daughter is in Canada until Friday. She'll be returning to Vancouver on Thursday I believe and spending another night with Camille. So close to Ashley - if she had longer over there I would have sent her over the border to visit them! Hope you are enjoying your new home. Blessings to you sweet friend and keep those devotions coming! You could write a book of of 'Domestic Devotionals'!

Sun Valley Homestead said...

Me too. Trying not as they cost more than using rags LOL. Work in progress:-)

Erika Roberts said...

Whoa, Carrie, this post caught me off guard and I love it! A great reminder to good not to share! Thank you! ~Erika from MishMashedMe

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, Loved the sweet picture!
The paper towel is a must around here!
I am so grateful for our saviors saving Blood He shed for us!
This is what makes us the Family of Christ!
Hope you will get to see your sweet babies soon!
Blessings, Roxy

Down On The Farm said...

I'm a paper towel user myself!! Not sure what I'd do without them. And I'm thankful that the blood of Jesus separates my sin from me as far as the East is from the West. "What can wash away my sins, nothing but the blood of Jesus."!! Blessings my friend!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details