Friday, August 12, 2016

Do You Ever Feel Lost?





Summer is buzzing along. It is hard to believe the school bells are starting to ring. I feel like a school girl every time summer comes to an end. It makes me incredibly sad.  Nothing says fun to me like a hot Missouri day~ while soaking up the sun in a big blue body of cool water. This Missouri girl loves to swim just about as much as I love anything.

This moving to a new city is not for sissies. I sort of feel lost. I miss my family and friends and I miss my favorite places to go . I miss my sweet neighbor whom I shared coffee and conversation with almost every day.  I am praying that God helps me fit in soon and that He brings new friends in my life. 

Yet right here in my lost feeling, I am remaining silent~ for it is here that God has reached out His hand to me in a new way.  It is here when things did not go as I planned that I am finding out who my God really is. Here is where I only can look for His extended hand. 

Psalm 71:14 But I will hope continually, and will yet praise thee more and more.

My hope is found in nothing less than Jesus Christ and His righteousness. It is in this lost place that I remember that my hope is only in my Saviour. Hope makes everything seem possible~ it causes our spirit to rejoice. God's hope is the answer to every test, every trial, and every problem. 



Zechariah 9:12 Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope: even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee;

I don't know where you are today. If you are feeling lost I pray that you find hope today in Jesus Christ. 



5 comments:

Sherry Miller said...

It is always hard to start over but the adventure you have at each place, that new person who has that morning coffee with you, that person you will touch or that will touch you is put there by our Father. Hold His hand and walk that new journey with excitement and praise. Praying for that coffee buddy, and the softness of your new home.

Anonymous said...

The lonely in your post speaks pretty loud. You say God has wanted this move for you? Yet I get the impression that you really are not liking that you said "yes". But I also think that your unhappiness comes because you are looking back and to often, looking through the rear view mirror. But that is not where God is wanting to take you today. He has good things for you ahead. It will take time and patience to feel at home. But it will improve. You may discover that the place where you are is a new chapter that gets more interesting with time. God bless.

The Homestead Lady said...

Sounds like you are in a place of "wilderness". I have been in the wilderness for 3 years myself since leaving our church of many, many years and not being able to find another....Many think of the wilderness experience as a bad thing...but when you look in the word the times people were in the wilderness it was trying and hard..however; it is in the wilderness God shows himself the most. It is where we learn the best lessons, we learn who God really is and what He can do...we learn to trust him and only him...we learn that loneliness sometimes Gods way of bringing us fully to him...the wilderness is a place of humbleness...a place that we find true contentment with where He has placed us.....the wilderness is a beautiful place when we accept it and just take his hand and say 'lead me on'!

Farming On Faith said...

I am excited to see what God has in store for us as we serve Him in our new city.

The Homestead Lady said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog...and you're very welcome!...God has a plan for you and your family. I am certain it is far better than any plan you could have...just hold his hand...trust...and he will lead you to higher ground!

Praying for you...

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details