Friday, August 19, 2016

Famous Last Words~




Just before Gandhi died these were his famous last words, "All about me is darkness; I am praying for light."  D.L. Moody's last words were recorded too, "This is my triumph; this my coronation day! It is glorious!" They were both expressing their perspectives on life~ death and all of the time in between.

None of us like to think about it but our time here is really short. I always wanted to be special and do great big things for the Lord. But I am just an ordinary person who loves God and adores my family. So I am pretty sure my words will not be recorded anywhere as "famous last words." 

When I was young I was quick to spout off at the mouth. As I have watched a few days pass by~ I have learned to bridle my tongue much better. (Still working on it!) But it is my heart's desire that not just my last words but all the words in between will be used to glorify God, to build up the man I love, to point my children and grandchildren to One who can make life as D.L. Moody said~ Glorious! 

Life is glorious! God is good! One day Heaven awaits us on that final Coronation day.

So ~why not practice speaking words oozing with honey. It will make life much sweeter from birth to death and all the in between.

Proverbs 16:24
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.


We never know which words we speak will be our last words. I want mine to be sweet as honey just in case. 


3 comments:

Kim said...

Love this!!! I spout off way too often!

Camille said...

Beautiful....thank you, Carrie. I am working on holding my tongue and thinking before I speak...it's a constant battle. Praise the Lord, I am not what I once was. But, I am not want I want to be. How good and gracious our Saviour is...what a sweet blessing to belong to Him. Hugs, Camille

Down On The Farm said...

I remember when my husband's aunt passed away several years ago. I came to the nursing home that afternoon to see her, just a few hours before she left this earthly body and took her first breath in heaven. The nurse had come in to check on her and the nurse asked me if my husband's aunt knew Jesus. Now my husband's aunt had hardly spoken all that day, but at the name of Jesus she struggled to lift up her head and whispered "I know Him, He's my Savior." Those were the last words I heard her speak. What a testimony, that in her last hours her mind was fixed on Jesus. That is my prayer as well. That those who know me best know that Jesus is my Savior.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details