Thursday, August 18, 2016

Frosted Pumpkin Hand Soap Recipe






 I am getting so ready for all the sights and sounds of Autumn. 
This smells heavenly. ~  It makes about a gallon for just pennies!


1 bar of Dove soap
1/4 cup of Borax
1/4 cup Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
4 cups of water

Grate a bar of soap with a hand cheese grater. Add to an old pan. ( so you can whisk it well) Next, add  the water. Melt until it is totally dissolved. Slowly add Borax and Washing Soda. Cook on medium heat until it thickens like frosting~about 10 minutes.

Cool quickly ~ I cooled on my porch. As it cools keep whisking it. It will become very thick. Add enough hot water slowly after it cools until it reaches the consistency you wish.

 I added Frosted Pumpkin scent and food coloring. You could use natural scents or leave as is if you like.

I buy all my scents from Natures Garden Candle Supplies online.




1 comment:

Down On The Farm said...

Oh wow!! I can almost SMELL that!!! I too am ready for fall!! Blessings my friend!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details