Monday, August 29, 2016

God Does Give Us More Than We Can Handle





Last night in church I heard something I have never heard before. God does give us more than we can handle. I have heard my entire life that God does not give us more than we can handle. In fact, this is the verse that is often used.

1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

God does place more on us than we can handle. Why? Because He wants us to rely on Him to get us through this life. Sometimes we feel like we have been hung up to dry. Sometimes things happen that cause our world to stop spinning and we may have times of sorrow or maybe even bitterness.  Perhaps at times life is suddenly crushed. God allows pressure to be put on us at just the right time for a reason.  If He allows us to be crushed ~He will remake us. He replaces our ashes with beauty. 


We all have struggles in this life. How we handle them is up to us. All trials are for our good~ they are accomplishing something in our lives. So ~ how do we respond? BY ENDURING~ AND ASKING FOR GOD TO GIVE US WISDOM AND DISCERNMENT.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.


Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

It may not always be peachy but God has a purpose and a plan. We need to keep putting one foot in front of the other, one second at a time, one moment at a time, one day at a time.......just keep trusting. God is working all things out for our good. 

The fact is ~ God will place more on us than we can handle but never more than HE handle.   "He is faithful in all the junk of life" ~as Pastor John put it. We can trust Him. 


6 comments:

Camille said...

The Lord is faithful and is precious and truly does all things well. Hang in there, my friend...He is with you each step of the journey He has you on! I love Isaiah 43:1-3 and Psalm 46 for those times of deep trial. XOXO

Anonymous said...

IF God is causing this...then, what about the devil? What is his purpose? Yet Jesus gave us power over ALL the work of the enemy. Plus, we overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.

Farming On Faith said...

Dear Anonymous~
The Devil tempts us. God never tempts us. There is a big difference between a trial and a temptation.

I am not talking about what the Devil does in our lives here. I am talking about God allowing things to help us grow, I am in a season in life like that right now, It is a time I know God is allowing for me to trust Him on a higher level.

God allows us to be put in pressure places sometimes to grow us. It takes a little rain sometimes to make things grow. God also allows times of trials in our lives. Temptation and trials are two different things.

I have been walking with the Lord for over 35 years. I had an alcoholic father who did drugs. But on the other side of that, I realised that God took that trial in my life to draw me to himself. Even as a child ~ I ran to God when life was hard. If God allows us to go through hard times ~ He will carry us through and use it all for our good.

Down On The Farm said...

This is very true. If we were never overwhelmed, then we would never fully put our trust in Him. I have had things in my life that I did not believe I could handle. And alone, I couldn't. But when I keep my eyes on Him, He strengthens me. The Word promises that His strength is made PERFECT IN MY WEAKNESS!!! I'm so thankful that He is an awesome God. And while I may feel overwhelmed, He is WELL ABLE to handle everything for me. Thank you for this post today. Precious reminder that God is in control!! We just need to trust Him!!!

Debbie Slaughter said...

It's so interesting the way that verse has been interpreted over the years and passed down through the church.

I agree with you. Of course God allows trials to come our way. He wants us to grow to rely on Him and to sharpen and refine us. And many times, these trials are so much more than we could handle, if we didn't rely on him.

The Bible talks about counting it all joy when we face trials. It also says that trials produce perseverance and faith.

Trials are a part of growth.

Blessings Carrie! God is active in your life, which is apparent.

Intentional Living Homestead said...

I totally agree....because this year was more than I could handle....on my own. Yeshua carried me every step of the way.

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details