Saturday, August 27, 2016

Never Walk Away From The Gravy

HAPPY SATURDAY!!!

This morning my baby boy is home for the weekend. I am making him biscuits and gravy. My grandma taught me how to make gravy. She explained  how to add a little flour to the sausage drippings just at the right time and how to stir it all up to prevent lumps and then how to slowly add the milk and stir like crazy. I remember her saying no matter what the cat drags in ~ you never walk away from the gravy. In my case, this morning~ no matter how many times my phone buzzed. Why? If you walk away just for a few seconds in the critical stage you will end up with lumpy gravy. Then you just have to eat lumpy gravy. 

As I always do~ I am thinking of a moral to the story. Seriously though ~it does remind me of our testimony for the Lord. I remember telling our children that they represented their family name. To be careful to remember we wanted our name to be of a good reputation. How much more important our Heavenly Father's name and reputation?  It only takes a little thing to tarnish our testimony.

Just a  little bit of griping, complaining, backbiting, criticism  is all it takes to ruin our testimony for the Lord. No one wants to eat lumpy gravy and no one will see the light in me if I am not careful to tend to my walk. 

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.





4 comments:

Camille said...

Have a wonderful visit with your young man, Carrie. Mmmm....can I come for breakfast? :) As I said (below), I like how you take the everyday and weave a spiritual truth from it....such a blessing to my heart. Big Hugs! Camille xo

NanaNor's said...

Great post! Such a good analogy; yes, we represent Christ in all things-don't want others to see Him negatively. Biscuits and gravy-we always had that when we visiting family in Tennessee. Going to check out your Autumn Carmel Dip recipe now.
Hugs,
Noreen

Patty said...

I use to watch my mother make sausage gravy but have never really got the hang of it. Hers is delicious though! Staying connected to the Vine makes our Christian walk so much easier. You are right, what we do matters.

Down On The Farm said...

I love biscuits and gravy, and make mine my like mom does. Yum Yum!!! Very good lesson you presented. Our character should reflect the light of Jesus in us. And it does only take a second to dim His reflection in us. Thank you for the reminder! And I'm so glad you had a great visit with your handsome son!!!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details