Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Summer ~ Sweet ~ Summer In Photos


My gypsy girl and I took a road trip to Kentucky. 
This just happens to be a Fudge Shop behind us~ it's not a vacation until I find the fudge.



It has been a sweet summer as we settled into our new home ~ in a little patriotic city. It has been exciting but harder than I imagined.  We have found a church that we love and we have just finished membership classes. 

I sure miss our boy we left behind along with family and friends. I sort of feel like I am at a resort rather than home. I keep adding touches here and there in hopes it will start feeling like home.

 My gypsy girl came to spend a couple weeks and she is a photographer~ so the pictures she captured are amazing.  It was great having her home.



The Missouri State Capital~ beautiful!



Our home is located right around the corner from a Nature Center and we reap the benefits. 
I love watching all the creatures big and small each day in my back yard.















A family day of pottery~





This is Sno Biz ~ a long time favorite of the locals.
Shaved ice treats~ my favorite is Sunrise which is strawberry and orange.






Annie studying the Word.


25 year Anniversary


We all had poison ivy including Pippa Lou~ poor Pip!



Lots of raspberry tea and Central Dairy ice cream~ woo hoo!



Did you happen to see the "Fresh as a Missouri Morning?"
Well, let me tell you it has been a very hot and humid summer~ not so fresh.


My little bunny who loves to eat my flowers. 



Breakfast in Kentucky



JC Rocks group went crazy this summer.
A  lady started painting rocks and placing them around town to spread joy to others. If you find a rock~ you rehome it or paint  a new one and place for someone to find.This is one I painted and left on a bench in front of a bike repair store.When you find one you post it to JC Rock facebook page. 
Hannah and I had lots of fun painting and hunting. 



One of Hannah's rocks she painted~




Jefferson City is known for its local dairy~ amazing ice cream
It also looks as though you stepped back in the 60's~ nothing has changed. 




We took a float trip with Caleb and Andrea~ we won't elaborate on that!
I tipped my kayak~ need I say more. 








These are my Texas babies and I will wrap up summer with them next week.
It was has been a sweet~ sweet summer. 


I am off to capture the last few days of summer. 

Psalm 34:8

 O taste and see that the Lord is good: 
blessed is the man that trusteth in him.





1 comment:

Down On The Farm said...

Looks like a GREAT GREAT SUMMER for you!!! Hope to get together with you after your Texas trip!!! Blessings my sweet friend!!!!

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details