Monday, October 3, 2016

Happy Pumpkin Spice Time Of Year~



I don't know about you but I am  excited that this month has finally arrived. I have my house stocked with every Pumpkin Spice flavored~ scented thing possible. I love the Pumpkin Spice time of year. The leaves have just begun to change her in our little patriotic city.  The sights and smells are in the air of the happy ~ wonderful October.   My Brian and I are loving our new home, He loves his job, and we love our new church. We are finally feeling like we have come home. Our boy will be moving here with us this next month and this momma is so excited about that. I am feeling so blessed.

"Even if something is left undone, 
everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn."

-   Elizabeth Lawrence


Isn't that just so! I try to capture every moment I can this time of year. I am as giddy as a child. I love watching all the leave swirl to the ground and get  excited that the holidays are soon to follow. 















That Day Is Coming~

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Last night at church our Pastor spoke on this subject. Even the best person in the world will let us down. Even the people who have been instrumental in our lives will not be on this earth forever. Many in my life have already sailed on home to be with the Lord. We can't place our trust in our political leaders~ that is becoming more of a joke every day. There is only one sure foundation for us to stand on~ only one place to put our confidence and that is the Lord, Jesus Christ. 

Pastor Monty said that 90% of success is showing up. That has been true all my life. "God has promised if I stay faithful to show up..... God's going to get me somewhere." -Pastor Monty Shinkle. 

Life has not always been easy. In fact, there have been some pretty hard things but God has never once let me down. He has been holding my hand since I was a young girl and placed my trust in Him as my Saviour.  Every difficult day has been a process of learning to trust Him more. Every trial has been a stepping stone to take me further down the road. There have been challenges in my life and there will be more up ahead of me but God has made my life sweeter than I ever could have imagined. 

I am so thankful on this beautiful Autumn morning that God is still working in my life to complete that which He started the day I gave my heart to Jesus and decided to follow Him. He is still at work in my life ~ and that is just something to celebrate on this beautiful day.  


2 comments:

Down On The Farm said...

No, He never does let us down. What a comfort to know that, and thank you for the reminder. Your home is just gorgeous all decked out for fall. I went to a wedding this weekend and they had pumpkin spice popcorn! It was delicious! Blessings to you my sweet friend, and prayers for you and your family!

Camille said...

Carrie, you have made your home SO welcoming and cosy! I am so happy for you that your young man is coming to live with you!! It must feel like this has been a long, long journey....but, how wonderful that you are feeling settled. The Lord is so very good to us, isn't He? I love the fall as well....minus the rain. :) Hugs, Camille

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details