Thursday, October 6, 2016

How Are You Doing~ ?





Happy Glorious Day~ It is Autumn and I love the sights and sounds of this crispy, crunchy and yummy time of year. As I am sitting here in my quiet time out my window it is turning all shades of fall. It is a breathtaking sight. My mornings are rather busy with my current Bible Study and I have joined a sweet group of ladies in my community called "Woman on Wednesdays." I have begun my studies to complete a certification in Biblical Counseling also.  It is as if God is preparing me and I am just waiting for my marching orders. What does that mean? Basically, God is working me over, stretching my faith, growing me, and speaking to me. 

Sometimes it helps to take a break and look at life. Find out what's working and what is not, and what needs to change.  As you all know we have moved to a new city, we have new jobs and a new church. Not a thing is the same in our lives except our Lord Jesus Christ. 

It is easy for me to get distracted by all the noise that is around me today. The issues of our day, the election, trying to make new friends, trying to figure why God brought me here and on and on it goes. 

Yet this very morning ~in this very spot ~in this very new place I find myself ~ this is what God is calling me to do.  


Luke 10:27

 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.


In light of this verse, none of my life changes really matter at all. It stands to reason that anything in this life that clutters my mind is not so important. Most of the life's problems could be cured if we all loved God with all our heart, mind, and soul and loved our neighbor as ourselves.  So I am asking myself and maybe you too~ How are you doing? 

No comments:

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details