Thursday, October 13, 2016

Stop Trying To Fix It~





I hate to see hurting people ~ or even animals down to the smallest little creatures. I  am that crazy lady who will stop and move the turtle to the other side of the road. I want to fix everything and make everything just peachy.  I would rather live in "Sunnyville" all the time. The movies I watch and the books I read need to have a happy ending. It is true of me to a fault.

My husband often times held me back when it came to our children because sometimes they needed to feel the consequences of this crazy and broken world without me softening it. My oldest daughter told me not long ago that I often made everything ok and when she entered into her own world it was hard realizing the world was not gonna treat her like her momma and make everything ok for her. NO matter how hard I wish I still could. We mommas never want to see our babies hurt now, do we?

Yet ~ as I turn on the news this morning my momma's heart is heavy. I want to right the wrongs and fix the broken. Yet, these days "Sunnyville" seems to have slid down the slippery slope along with the beloved "Mayberry."  No matter how hard I look for them they are nowhere to be found.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5King James Version (KJV)

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

So what are we to do in the current mess we find ourselves in today? This is what I am asking my Heavenly Father. Here is the answer I found in His Word this morning.  I am Christ's child and my life belongs to Him. Even though I am walking in the flesh I am not to war according to my flesh. That means even though we live in this world we are not to wage war like the world does. We are not to fight with the world's weapons but with the divine power of our God. We need to realize that our powerful God has the power to pull down strongholds . We need to take our thoughts captive and look at this war through the eyes of God.

1 comment:

Down On The Farm said...

This is a powerful message, and so very true. Like you, I am a fixer. I want to make everything OK. I love happy endings (Hallmark Channel is one of my FAVS). But that isn't realistic. Not here on earth, and not in our spiritual life. Only heaven will be perfect. Until then, we do have to live in this old world, but we are not of this world. Thank God He is our anchor in the midst of the storm. Thank you for this message!!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details