Thursday, November 10, 2016

Praise Him Anyway~





Most times I am a happy camper~ I love life. I enjoy life with my whole heart and soul.  But once in a while I get downright depressed when I see the direction of a world who is rejecting God. It just hurts! People are hurting and how do you share that there is a God who is crazy and passionately in love with them ~ so much that He sent His only begotten Son to take away the sin sick hurt out of our lives? I know because that is what He did for me. He came into my life  and saved me in 1984 and I will never be the same. So what can we do when the darkness threatens to rob us of our joy.

I am reminded in my devotional this morning of Paul and Silas. They were beaten and thrown into jail for preaching the very message I just shared with you.  The account is written in Acts 16. It says at midnight they prayed and sang praises unto God. They praised Him anyway. They praised Him in a dark and cold jail. They praised Him when they were treated unfairly. They praised Him when it hurt. They praised Him and the other prisoners heard them. It is a wonderful story. The keeper of the prison accepted Christ for himself that night. God used the darkness for His will and His glory.

Acts 16:25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.

May we be challenged to use the darkness to draw us into a closer walk with Jesus. May God use our prayers and praises to reach those around us. Our world is hurting and we have the answer. Lets
praise Him anyway and see just what He will do. I think we will be amazed.

Acts 16:29-31 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

You can read the entire account of Paul and Silas and the conversion of the Prisoner Guard here. 
 It is a wonderful account of God's grace.

I pray you have a wonderful and joy filled day. Lets just keep praising Him anyway no matter what may come our way today.

No comments:

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details