Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Ronald Reagan Is Not Coming Back~



In our lifetime we have never seen an election like this one. If I could sum up this presidential  campaign~ it would be pure anger. Americans on both sides are angry. I am angry for the lost days of integrity, morals and just old fashioned propriety.  Standards of behavior and morality displayed by the leaders of our country seem to be long gone. What happened to old fashioned propriety?

My Pastor said last week that Ronald Reagan is not coming back again but Jesus is. The Holy Spirit reminds me that my trust can't be placed in the outcome of this election. (That's a really good thing.) Even though my hope at times is that America can once again be great~ that hope is displaced. Our hope must be placed in Jesus Christ and Him alone. 

Let's keep our focus on King Jesus instead of national news and headlines for the next week. We need to pray like we have never prayed before for America and as my Pastor says~ be nice.  We need to pray for peace and trust God for the future of our country. He is still on the throne and He can still be trusted. 

Psalm 146:3-4King James Version (KJV)

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

"My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"
by Edward Mote, 1797-1874

1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
3. His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.





2 comments:

Down On The Farm said...

Oh Amen and Amen!!! This is so true. Neither candidate offers what Jesus gives freely to all who put their trust in Him. And I must say I LOVE this song. So thankful that even when darkness does seem to hide His face, my Anchor holds me safe and sound. Praise His Holy Name!!!

Debbie Slaughter said...

No matter who's in the Whitehouse, God is still God and we need to press on in his name.

I do agree that people are so angry and divisive these days. I dare say that Obama brought "change" but in the wrong direction, for sure.

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details