Thursday, December 1, 2016

3 Ways To Enjoy The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year




Well here we are once again. How does this happen? It seems like yesterday I was sitting by the pool and now I am decking the halls.  The clocked turned to December 1st way too fast. This has been a wild ride of a year for me. I am getting a little stressed about right now~ how about you?   I have never been so behind in the preparations for the Christmas season.  Here are three simple ways to get us through the hussle and bustle so we can enjoy the season. 

*Say Goodbye to Scrooge~

My never ending list is making me a little stressed. Last night at choir I heard many sighs from the ladies around me as we all landed in our seats.  I feel like I am falling out at the seams much like my wallet when I open it and a million receipts are falling out all over the place. This time of year is hard on us mommas. What can we do? 

Make of list of the important  task and be realistic.  We may need to let go of some of our expectations. It is better to buy sugar cookies from a baker, decorate simply and size down on our shopping list instead of being grouchy to those we love.  By focusing on the Saviour and vowing to not be a Scrooge this Christmas we may need to let some things go just so we can take time to focus on the whole reason for the season. It is here now ~ if we are not careful we will be kissing the most wonderful time of the year goodbye under the mistletoe without capturing the moments.  Is is far more important to have a peaceful Christmas than a perfect Christmas. 

Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart doeth good like medicine; but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

* Don’t Listen To the Spirit of Christmas Past~

Did you know that the Christmas season  is really hard for a lot of people? We all have loved ones that are not with us for many different reasons. We all have disappointments that seem to pull at our heart strings this time of year when it is all suppose to be holly and jolly. But we can’t let a history of past Christmases steal our Christmas spirit. By the grace of God~ we can allow this Christmas to be filled with God’s goodness and grace.  The choice is ours how we behave! Let’s not act like Scrooge! By focusing on loving others and sharing the love of Christ we will have joy. It's really not all about what we make it.  We find true joy when we care about others. 

Philippians 3:13-14
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Jesus Christ.

* Don’t Forget The Spirit of Christmas Future~

 Christ has come ~ lets have a celebration. Christmas is the day in which the world rejoices in the birth of our Lord and Saviour. He is not a baby in a manger.  He is God’s only Begotten Son who came as a baby but left this earth as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He came to take away the sin of the world.  He came to take away my sin and yours! Wow~ that is reason alone to celebrate this Christmas like never before. Let’s not make it about Santa~ shopping, the stressful to-do list or even warm fuzzy feelings. Baking cookies, making fudge and giving gifts are a few of my favorite things but it is not really what its all about.

Lets vow to remember the Son of God will one day return to rule this earth.  As we read the Christmas story ~ we must remember that He is alive and He is longing to have a relationship with us today and for all eternity. How long has it been since you just climbed up into the lap of your Heavenly Father?  He loves you oh -so-very much. 


When we place our faith and trust in the God of the manger ~this is what we have to celebrate in our future.

For I know the plans I have for you, “declares the Lord, “
 “plans to prosper you and not harm you, 
plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11
May you  have a Christ centered Christmas!



4 comments:

Betsy said...

Amen and Amen!! Thank you for this beautiful post. Merry Christmas and Blessings to you and your family.
Betsy

Down On The Farm said...

This is perfect!!! It is so easy this time of year to forget the WHO of Christmas. The Who is Jesus!!! He is the only reason we celebrate. The presents and the food and the decorating . . . those things just don't really matter. What matters is our Savior. Thank you so much for sharing this today!!! Blessings!!

Deborah said...

Amen! Over the years we've had a lot of family traditions, but keeping Christ at the center is paramount. I DO love Christmas, but I probably make this season more difficult than it needs to be by putting off Christmas shopping until the last minute!
I don't know if you remember me. I took a long break from blogging, but I'm trying to visit all my blogging friends from our old directory. Not too many left...it's good to see some are still blogging. I'll try to be a more frequent visitor!

NanaNor's said...

Love your focus being on a Christ centered Christmas. It is so easy for us all to get caught up in areas that take our energy and resources instead of sharing the most important reason for the season.
Blessings,
Noreen

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details