Monday, December 5, 2016

Making My List And Checking It Twice Is Stressing Me Out~





Today I am starting the day knowing I made a new to-do Christmas list before I went to bed.  I need to get it all done and that would mean no more to-do list. It's just not happening here! I started late due to the big move and I am just behind. 

I woke up grumpy! Then the Holy Spirit reminded me that I have been running in my own strength. How foolish of me to fall in this trap once again. I get so busy that  I leave Jesus in the back seat as I zoom off on a mad dash run to get it all done.  Oh~ my ~ stars I am so independent. I think I can just do it all in my own strength. And honestly there was a time that I could. Yet ~ time and wisdom has brought it all to a reality check. When I run in my own strength and leave God out of the equation I am tired, stressed and full of anxiety. So I quietly confessed my sin of independence this morning and brought it all back to the feet of Jesus. 

Making my list and checking it twice has left me tired and frustrated because I left the most important one off my list. I confessed my sin of my strong willed independence this morning and I decided to put God back~ not only on the to-do list but as the priority of today.  

Psalm 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Read the entire chapter here~ this is our amazing God. He so deserves to be praised and at the top of our to-do list today. Have a wonderful day and may you get all your to-do list done. 


No comments:

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details