Monday, January 2, 2017

Take Your Eyes Off The Problem


Happy New Year! It's a blank new page. What are you going to do with it? God has been working me over about my independence. I struggle with "I" gotta do this and "I" can do this. Yet~ God really wants "I" to step aside and let HIM. He wants me to lay down my independence and totally depend upon HIM. To stop trying to fix things and lay them at His feet. He wants me to stop running in my own strength and rest in Him. He wants me to stop being fearful and trust Him to handle life's challenges.

Every season in life has new challenges and unanswered questions. When the kids were little I was concerned where to send them to school and how to keep them safe from the evils of this world. When they grew I worried about their salvation and how to reach their heart for Jesus. Then I worried how they would make a living and who they would marry. I am only as happy as my saddest child. Yet~ they have the same God that I have and they can find the answers they need in Him just as their momma has learned to do.  I pray that they will learn to depend on Him for everything in life.

I  tell God often it would help me so much  if He would just write out His plan for me to follow.  He
is God and His ways are best. He left His Holy Spirit to dwell in me, to lead me and guide me.  He promises to walk and talk with me. He promises to never leave me or forsake me. He has all the power in the world.

My New Year's Focus is to take my eyes off the problem, off the storms of life, off the people, off the circumstances~ OFF the waves and ON JESUS!


John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh to the Father, but by me.

Happy New Year ~ may we all learn to take our focus off the problem and on Jesus. He can be trusted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just what I needed to hear this morning! I do not have a blog but have enjoyed yours for years! I homeschooled right along side of you and my two are now grown as well but not yet married. I have prayed for the same things and still pray for both of my boys everyday that they will make wise choices and remember all that Jesus has done for them and is still doing for them! Thank you so much for your words of wisdom over and over that you have shared with so many of us! I wish we were neighbors so we could walk together and share so many of the same concerns and prayers together! God Bless you in the New Year and your family too! Thanks again for sharing so freely and for the encouragement you have given this mother's heart so many times unknowingly! You have a friend in Lancaster County Pa. right in the heart of Amish country. I too have many Amish neighbors and friends! God Bless you!

Sue

Debbie Slaughter said...

Carrie, this is great advice! Sometimes I cringe when my oldest will ask if I've prayed about some decision I've made, because sometimes the answer is "no" when it should have been yes.

One of my goals for this year is to not be so impulsive, but to pray instead.

Hope you have a great 2017 :)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

AMEN! Visiting from Down on the Farm and, since Dave's death five years ago, my constant comment is "God has a plan". (Dave was my husband)
I may not know the plan but I know the Planner and He can be trusted!

Gustavo Woltmann said...

My New Year's is to focus more with my work. I like also to travel in different places.

- Gustavo Woltmann

My Friends~My Followers

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details