Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Always Stay Humble and Kind





Good Morning,
It is a crisp and beautiful morning here in the capital city of Missouri. I have lit the candles and began to prepare for my day. A special guest is coming for lunch. I am getting ready to make some candied pecans and thanking God for another day of life. With candied pecans, it is bound to a great day.  It's a wonderful life... God gives us so much to praise Him for.

 I tend to run ahead when I have important plans. Most often God seems to call out to me and remind me that I need Him and that I am nothing on my own. I remember the old song that said, "I miss my time with you." God loves us so much that He wants us to spend time with Him. So I have sat down and opened up the Word to quiet my soul. I need to do that often. I once again confess my sin of running ahead without Him.  God quiets my soul and fills me with peace each and every time. I love how His Word comes alive and He speaks to us with what we need to hear at just the right moment. I open my devotional this morning and this is what I find.

I am reading in Proverbs 16:1-9

16 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord.
All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the Lord weigheth the spirits.
Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.
The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.
By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil.
When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.
Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.
A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.


We can make our plans and preparations and run ahead with our own agenda and in running we lose sight of what God's plans may be for our life. What He truly is asking us to do.  What he desires to work out and achieve in our heart.

The scripture here reminds me to commit not only my way unto the Lord but also my mouth.  We tend to devise our own way when we really need to allow God to direct our agenda. I can't help but think as I read this passage ~we need to ALWAYS STAY HUMBLE AND KIND. 

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Thank you for this timely post. I recently I haven't spent nearly as much time with the Lord that I need to. I needed this reminder. I hope you have a lovely lunch and a wonderful day.
Blessings, Betsy

Sue said...

A beautiful and thoughtful post you have written! It was food for my soul today!
Blessings,
Sue

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details