Thursday, May 18, 2017

Unexpected Turns






O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
Romans 11:33 KJV


We just zoomed past the one- year anniversary of landing in this beautiful and patriotic capital city of Jefferson City, Mo. I say landed because that is sort-of how God brought us here. It was a divine calling and a divine move. He picked us up and dropped us right here.

When God decides to move us~ He will move us. Some days I wake up and wonder how I landed here. I am thankful that I know that I know... the best place to be is right in the center of God's will.

My Brian and I did not know a soul when we arrived here one year ago. This unexpected turn in our lives had us a bit confused and to be honest we were both fearful. My husband left behind 30 years of blood, sweat, and tears that he invested in the school district that he left behind. Did we really hear God's voice or had we made this choice?  Where would we go to church? What about the loved ones we left behind?   Just who would be our new friends? Surely God would not leave me without Godly friends. I was lonely..... real lonely. I cried a lot of tears. I was fearful that the son I left behind would be lost and confused. My last child, whom I had homeschooled his entire life wanted to stay behind in the place we called home. I cried out to God~ are you sure you know what you are doing? Deep in my heart, I trusted that He did but in my moments of doubt I cried out to God to please not abandon us or our loved ones during this unexpected turn in our lives.

This unexpected turn for us has become one of the greatest blessings in our lives. We have watched as God unfolded the plans in His timing. He never wastes anything~ not pain, not tears, not lonely days. He has taken our confusion and replaced it with assurance. He has taken my boy and grown him into a man who is finding his own faith in His own God. Hallelujah! He has flooded me with Godly friends whom I already dearly love. He has placed a Godly Pastor in my life with a wife that has become very special to me. He has given us a church that we felt like we had finally come home after several years in the wilderness.  He has once again moved my Brian up the ladder to a higher position but more importantly a new place to serve and shine the light of Jesus.  He has taken our feeble and humble efforts and allowed us to be servants just doing our best at loving this God who has become so real to us. He has blessed me beyond measure with a position where I am privileged to walk this life with beautiful women as the Director of Women's Ministry at our church~ a position God has been preparing me for my entire life.

The unexpected turns in our lives may take our breath away and move us out of our comfort places that make us feel safe. God may even allow our foundations to crumble under our feet. He may give us way more than we can handle.   And that is just where God wants us. These unexpected turns in our lives make us weak. It is then God makes us depend on Him~ we have nothing left we can do. It is in this place that He takes our weakness and makes us strong.  Praise God that what is an unexpected turn for us is really God working and moving in our lives to make us and mold us into His image. This unexpected turn has made my heart glad and full of joy.



Psalm 16:5-11King James Version (KJV)

The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.
The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.
I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.





4 comments:

Betsy said...

Thank you for this post today. I needed it as we are facing some changes in the next few years too. We are praying to be sure we are doing what God wills for us in the next stage of our lives. I can't believe it's been a year since your move. :-) Time is flitting away, ever so swiftly.
Blessings,
Betsy

Farming On Faith said...

Hello, Betsy,
I will be praying for you!

Down On The Farm said...

It is amazing how God can take what we see as something bad, and turn it into a blessing. I am so thankful for you my friend!

Farming On Faith said...

Robbin,
You have been one of those many blessings!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details