Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy 4th of July~ A Lesson From The Morning Glory


Happy 4th of July!

 Happy Birthday to this land that I love!
Thank you to all of those who gave their lives that I may live my life. Thank you to all who served to make our land the home of the brave and free.

I am proud to be called an American.



When I was a young wife and mother one summer when money was tight I decided to plant all my flowers from seeds. I picked up a 20 cent packet of Morning Glory seeds. I planted them in a planter that my husband bought me for my birthday. I was so thrilled when the first little seedlings began to sprout out of the dirt. That was about 20 years ago. Each and every year since then my Morning Glories continue to come back. I now know some people think them to be a weed but to me, they are still a reminder of a sweet and simple time. They open each morning to greet the sun. What a great lesson the Morning Glory shares with us. We too need to wake each morning and greet the SON! 

This morning as I stepped out on my patio my Morning Glories were in full bloom. I just couldn't help but take a moment to praise and worship my Lord and Saviour~ and thank Him for giving the ultimate sacrifice when He bled and died to take away the sin of the world. 

I am proud to be called a Christian.

 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

                                                                                 John 15:13


1 comment:

lisa wright said...

Hi Carrie, This is Lisa from Savannah. How are you doing? I want to ask you a question. Does the Harvest church down the road from me follow the same as Bible Baptist Temple in St. Joe? I am thinking of checking them out. I need the same soul feeding like I would get from Bible Baptist.

Thanks, Lisa

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details