I wrapped my mini loaves and large muffins in coffee filters and tied them with a bow.
LEMON POPPY SEED BREAD-CAKE
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. milk
1 c. butter softened
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. grated lemon peel
1 1/4 c. sugar
2 tbsp. poppy seed
(1 tsp. salt, optional)
1/3 c. sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
3 tbsp. butter, melted
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease bottom only of 4 (5 3/4 x 3 x 2 1/8 inch) loaf pans. In large mixer bowl combine all bread ingredients.
Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (2 to 3 minutes). Pour into prepared pans.
Bake 32 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
In a small bowl stir together glaze ingredients. Pour over warm bread. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen edge with a knife; remove from pan.
Yields 4 mini loaves, which are great for gift giving. Freezes well.
Snow Ball Cookies~
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packages white cake mix, Pillsbury brand recommended
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, the recipe calls for the clear kind
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE olive oil and oats. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in cake mix, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Fold in nuts. Form into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- BAKE 8 minutes or until set. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Remove cookies to a cooling rack. Roll in powdered sugar while still slightly warm.