Monday, September 25, 2017

A Woman Overwhelmed ~ Finding God In The Messes Of Life


Oh, my stars!  How many times are we so overwhelmed with what we have going on in life that we just end up doing nothing? If you are like me that happens often until I am faced with "get it done" and then I scramble to make it happen. 

In her book~Haley Dimarco~ shares real but funny stories of herself when she was overwhelmed with life. The first account was when her 5-year-old neighbor and BFF stole her tricycle and declared it was hers and that she would never give it back. Her momma took her over to her mean friend's house and made her take her bike back. That was an overwhelming day that she still recalls to this day. That was just a little thing but as life went along there were many more to come. 

She states, "The trouble is, I can get so committed to my checklist that I miss those Holy Spirit moments that have so much more eternal value than my perfectly planned and put away life."  " I would never want to say, "Just let me clean this up before I love you."  "That's the kind of dysfunction that turns a little girl into an obsessive-compulsive woman." Oh-my-stars! "My perfectly planned and put away life"  has so been my story. 

Yep~ that was just on one page. I raise my hand~ convicted!  She mentions an overwhelmed version of the Proverbs 31 woman. Ok~ so I raise my hand again. Ouch again! 

I loved this book.  Are you feeling overwhelmed with life? Maybe you just need a reminder like me. I mean I am a recovering control freak so in my journey, I need reminders often to bring it all back to what is important. I recommend this book. This is one going on my bookshelf to keep handy. 

This book was provided to me in exchange for my honest review. And....I honestly recommend it.  There is also a Bible Study Workbook if you are searching for a good Bible Study.









"A woman overwhelmed"-is this a phrase you can relate to? If you answered yes, you need to read Hayley DiMarco's new book, A Woman Overwhelmed. The best-selling author shares biblical insights and personal stories to offer a glimpse at the comedy of an overwhelmed life while encouraging us to discover the depths and heights of God's love and power. Choose to bask in the abundance of the Father instead of the abundance of life as his unfathomable depths can surely replace our fathomable messes.

Become a woman less overwhelmed by life and more overwhelmed by God and enter to win Hayley's $75 Merry Maids Visa Card Giveaway to help lessen your daily load.


One grand prize winner will receive:
  • A copy of A Woman Overwhelmed
  • A $75 Merry Maids Visa Cash Card
Enter today by clicking the icon below, but hurry! The giveaway ends on November 3. The winner will be announced November 6 on the Litfuse blog.




DiMarco pin1 DiMarco pin 2

2 comments:

Kim said...

Miss seeing your posts....
this book sounds very interesting... thanks for the review : )

Liza Kirschner said...

Being a control freak is not an easy way of living life - I know because I'm one, too. It's exhausting and unsatisfying. I'm trying very hard to wrap my worries in prayer. This book sounds really interesting so I'll absolutely check into it - Thanks!

Pages

Cookies~

We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media

features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about

your use of our site with our social media, advertising

and analytics partners. See details